Thursday 24 November 2011

Labels We Love: Heartbreaker Fashion


I just adore vintage reproduction clothing and I thought that I'd share my favourite vintage inspired label with you all.

What I love about Heartbreaker Fashion is that it was originally a home business established my a mother and daugther team (Teresa and Amanda Becker) in California. They have now moved into factory premises, but have never substituted using high quality fabrics or workmanship. The garments are manufactured on-site so you can be guaranteed that no sweat shop labour is being used.

I first bought a couple of Heartbreaker dresses about two years ago. Prior to that, I really wasn't a dress girl. I basically lived in jeans, a nice top and heels or ballet flats. Looking back, I realise how unflattering that combination was on me- not too mention being the epitome of mainstream.

Most of the Heartbreaker dresses are A-line which are incredibly flattering and they look good on either  skinny or curvy girls alike. I love the patterns- you will not see anyone else wearing the same pattern unless it's from Heartbreaker as well. I always receive so many compliments when I'm rocking it out in a Heartbreaker dress.

It doesn't have to be a special event to wear a Heartbreaker dress. We have plain clothing Fridays at work so I am always wearing my Cherry Sweetie dress or one of my many Diner Dresses with ballet flats. I wear my Heartbreaker dresses when I go out shopping, to the movies or out to dinner. You can dress up your Heartbreaker dress as much as you want. They look great with high heeled mary-janes and red lips for that special occasion.

Below are just a small selection of the Heartbreaker dresses that I own:

Bernie Dexter Sweetie Dress in Black Badabing Cherry

Ludella Hahn (photo:mitziandco.com)Sweetie Dress in Red Gingham (I wear it with red patent pumps, a red clutch and full 1950's make-up for a night out)

Diner Dress -BlackDiner Dress in Black (I also have it in Red)

Photo: kristincofer.comAimee Dress in Black

Ludella Hahn (photo:mitziandco.com)Beverly Dress (I have it in a beautiful bright blue)

Andrea VanLandingham  (mitziandco.com  muah: Raquel Perez)Fifi Dress (I don't have this pattern but two discontinued patterns)

I highly recommend hoping over to the Heartbreaker Fashion website (http://heartbreakerfashion.com/new-products/) to view their full product range which includes formal event dress, tops, accessories, skirts and whatever else your little vintage heart desires.

Also on their website is a list of Australian stockists. I have purchased a majority of my Heartbreaker dresses from Hoola Hoop in Braidwood which is a great little family business about an hour out of Canberra. However, they have an online shop and express post purchases out straight away.

If anyone has any Heartbreaker dresses, I would love for you to tell me which ones and what you wear them with.

Your friend in fashion,

Miss Midge

No comments:

Post a Comment